Thursday 29 September 2016

Moist Carrot Cake

Fall has arrived, so its time to pull out the fall recipes!
The other day my bestie sent me a snapchat of carrot cake she was eating...and I have been craving it ever since, but I couldn't find our usual recipe :( so this afternoon Brooke and I tried this one.
We change a few things from the original recipe...cause I'm not good at following recipes :D it turned out soo good!



2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup cane sugar (or 1 1/2 cups of white sugar)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup canola oil
4 eggs

8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup margarine
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups icing sugar

- Mix dry ingredients together by hand.
- Add eggs, oil and carrots, beat until well mixed with hand beaters.
- Spread into greased 9x13 cake pan.
- Bake @ 325F for 30-40 minutes, or until lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool.
- Beat cream cheese, vanilla and margarine together with hand beaters until smooth, add icing sugar and beat well, spread over cooled cake
- ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment